Ayurvedic Yoga Advanced 100 hr Teachers Training – Spring 2019
May 1 - August 1
The Madhuri Method Ayurveda Yoga Teacher Training is the first program of its kind that…
- Honours the integration of Ayurveda into your yoga teaching, not as an after thought but as the backbone and guiding philosophy.
- Provides 100 hours of online and in-person training for deep transformation and long term support.
- Teaches you how to confidently teach yoga with the wisdom of Ayurveda so that you’re healing not harming your students.
- Focuses on YOU, your health and well-being, and teaches you about self-care so you can have a sustainable, healthy, and fulfilling career.
- Bridges ancient Ayurveda and yoga with modern quantum physics and neuropsychology to assist you in transcending the barriers and beliefs that are keeping you stuck in old patterns that aren’t supportive to your growth.
- Believes and teaches self-love & gratitude as the essential tools for healing, teaching and life.
By taking this training you will…
- Deepen your own understanding and experience of Ayurveda for healing yourself and learning how to apply these same principles to your classes and for your students
- Have 100 hours of advanced training/ Continuing Education Units (CEU) to put towards your 500 hour E-RYT with Yoga Alliance.
- Learn a systematic method of understanding, applying, and merging yoga & Ayurveda
- Expand your offerings as a yoga teacher.
- Bring true healing to students by understanding the therapeutic aspects of yoga and how to bring balance, not imbalance, through yoga practices
- Become a certified Madhuri Method teacher and have the ongoing support of the other Madhuri Method teachers and sangha community
- Have a niche for yourself in the ever competitive & evolving world of yoga teaching and increase your income
- Have Melanie guide and mentor you to move into your highest potential as a teacher
Course Curriculum – now 100 hrs
- Philosophy and history of Ayurveda.
- Fundamentals and principles of Ayurveda.
- Self-discovery of your dosha and how to balance yourself.
- The 3 doshas: vata, pitta, kapha.
- Mahabhutas (5 Element Theory).
- Ayurvedic dinacharya (daily routine).
- Sattva, rajas, tamas and the influence on manas and the body.
- The psychology of Ayurveda: healing through the mind.
- Self-mastery for yoga teachers: heal thyself + energy management.
- Ayurvedic nutrition and the 6 tastes.
- Aromatherapy, chromotherapy, gemstone therapy.
- How to teach your classes based on the principles and philosophy of Ayurveda.
- Ayurvedic Yoga including: asana, pranayama, mudra, savasana, meditation, and chanting.
- Learn to work one on one with students according to their prakruti and vikruti.
- Subtle body anatomy & energy: the 7 main chakras and nadi system, the 5 koshas, the 5 vayus, energy management and empowerment.
- Injuries, trauma and healing the nervous system.
Practicum overseen and guided by Melanie.
In recognition of the valuable time required for in-person trainings, Melanie has skillfully created an advanced teachers training that has both online and in-person content. The secure online teachings provide you with the flexibility to study in your own time. There is a closed FB group (sangha of graduates and current students) that offers an excellent forum for questions, insights and connection. Melanie answers questions to ensure that the material is clearly assimilated.