Summer Meal Ideas and Smoothie Recipe-
Breakfast: Sweet, light grains such as basmati rice with coconut milk, sprinkled with saffron or fennel are a nourishing breakfast in the Summer. Add spices, seeds, herbs, and dried fruits from your Summer Food Guide for a satisfying meal to start your day off right.
• Sweet fruits melded as a fruit salad with a sprinkle of ground fennel, mint, and a squeeze of lime juice is a refreshing breakfast.
• Experiment with other seasonal grains, or try scrambled eggs with avocado and cucumber on toast.
• Try a yoghurt parfait with a berry compote sprinkled with hemp seeds.
• A smoothie with banana, coconut water, berries, and hemp seeds makes for a great morning booster.
Lunch: This is best as your main meal of the day as digestion is at its prime between noon and 2 p.m.
• Remember to include all six tastes for a balanced and satisfying meal.
• Light broths and raw salads with a variety of veggies, greens, and chickpeas are a delicious cooling lunch option.
• Summer greens, grains, beans, and small portions of animal foods make up a good lunch!
• Experiment with a variety of foods from the Summer Food Guide.
Dinner: This can be a lighter meal taken at least three hours before bedtime.
• Enjoy a variety of spices and condiments with your meal to include all six tastes.
• Soups, grains, small portions of animal foods, and a rotating variety of veggies is best.
• Simplicity is key for your daily evening meal. Focus on the bitter, sweet, and astringent tastes.
• Eat slowly, enjoy every bite.
• Offer gratitude before each meal.
SUPER DUPER SUMMER SMOOTHIE
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries
1 tsp spirulina powder (or other powdered chlorella/super greens)
1 cup coconut water
1 cup filtered water
1 tbsp almond butter
2 cups spinach, washed and roughly chopped
2 big leaves kale, washed and stems removed
Options to add for a sweeter smoothie:
1 tbsp cocoa powder (a bliss-inducing powerhouse full of antioxidants) 1 banana, frozen or fresh
2 tbsp hemp nuts
Add all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.