Melanie Phillips: Madhuri
As someone who has stumbled, fallen, tread tumultuous waters and dug deep for the strength to rise back up again—I am here to remind you there is a way through.
Your way may not be my way but I will remind you of, hold you accountable to, and inspire the light within you to shine brighter then you ever thought was possible.
I offer Inner Mastery Mentorship programs based in Ayurveda, yoga and energy work to facilitate and support your healing at the root cause of imbalance—to provide a fresh perspective; integrate the lifestyle changes necessary to achieve your health and life aspirations; empower you with the wisdom to listen to your body and teach you how self-acceptance is the most profound form of healing.
I work with conscious souls to unravel the brilliance within so that freedom can be experienced and lived in a practical and empowering way—so you can live the best version of yourself possible.
Through a grueling seven-year illness, devastating divorce, and grieving the death of my partner I have been initiated into deep compassion for illness and loss. These poignant experiences have crafted and inspired what I offer you and how we work together.
I am an author, speaker, Ayurvedic Practitioner, Yoga teacher trainer & Bio-Energy Healer who has devoted my life to expanding my capacity to love and experience freedom and I’m dedicated to assisting you do the same.
Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes my life has been an expression of alchemy…
In my final year of the dance program at University I began to experiment with unorthodox modes of healing after a growth erupted on my ankle, leaving me unable to walk. Intrigued by the power of the mind, I ended up living in an ashram in India for six months—sleeping on a wooden plank, getting up at 4am to clean toilets, study yoga, and participate in karma yoga (selfless service).
Over the next 12 years I would journey back to India, sometimes taking students and sometimes alone. On one of my pilgrimages I got extremely sick for over seven years. Specialists told me that there was “nothing wrong with me” and there was “nothing they could do for me”, but I believed there had to be something…some answers… some person… some system that could help me.
I studied Ayurveda selfishly—to heal myself, until I realized that the principles were timeless and essential and that everyone can benefit.
No matter what you have or haven’t been told about your symptoms or disease, there is hope for healing and transformation. Please don’t give up. You have the capacity and potential to heal, to feel better then you do right now, and have copious amounts of joy in your life. My path to this hasn’t been straight or easy (and is always a work in process). I’ve dedicated my entire adult life to healing and transformation.
I’ve been teaching yoga full time for over 16 years, owned a yoga studio, was a head faculty member for the Langara College Teacher Training Program for seven years, offered retreats worldwide, spoken at conferences and have taught countless workshops.
But nothing prepared me for the unexpected death of my partner.
Since his suicide, my life initiations have been grueling and have brought me to my knees. Life is my guru and my greatest teacher—love is my spiritual guide. Dancing with the shadows of grief, loss, anger, and utter despair has gifted me a truer relationship to joy, beauty, acceptance and personal empowerment.
Out of necessity I became dedicated to studying and practicing neuro-plasticity; reprogramming my neuro-pathways and perspective on my life and how I felt betrayed by the Universe. I learned how to move from living as a victim to being responsible for my inner world, thoughts and emotions.
From these life experiences, I have created my Inner Mastery Mentorship program because I know we can’t do it alone. We all need clear, conscious support, from someone who has walked through the fire and come out the other side — transformed. If you’re ready to live the most creative, empowered and joyful version of yourself possible, I would love to serve you.
The Madhuri Method is a 65 hour program I have created for yoga teachers to up-level their teaching and life while understanding how to incorporate the principles of Ayurveda into classes and one on one work.
Discover which foods, herbs, lifestyle practices and exercise is best for your unique body-mind type. Delve into the subtle underlying causes of symptoms and illness to transform your health forever.
This non-invasive treatment effectively treats symptoms and diseases of the mind, body, emotions, and energy-including physical pain, fatigue, anxiety, depression, auto-immune, women’s health, stress, and more.
Is a comprehensive program is for those who want to join me for an in-depth transformation of your health happiness and vitality. Feeling stuck, spinning in circles, tired of having low energy? This will move you.
The Madhuri Method.
I have some fancy, expensive letters to use after my name like: E-RYT (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher), BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts), CAS (Clinical Ayurvedic Practitioner).
However, I don’t believe any of this makes a lick of difference unless the heart leads the way and the practices and material are embodied.
But here you go…
- I have been teaching since 1988 (I began teaching figure skating and dance).
- I have been practicing yoga since 1995 and teaching since 2000 after living and studying at the Bihar School of Yoga, in India.
- I have done advanced Ayurvedic study with Dr. Vasant Lad in the USA and India, as well as mentorship with Dr. Claudia Welch.
- I am a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist (CAS) & Pancha Karma Specialist (PKS), certified through the California College of Ayurveda.
- I am a Bio-Energy Practitioner and Trainer, certified with Michael D’Alton’s School of Bio Energy.
- I am a certified Reiki Master and Akashic Records Consultant.
- I am a Vision Quest Protector, certified by Earth-Heart Institute.
- I was a head faculty member, teaching and creating curriculum for the Yoga Teacher Training Program at Langara College in Vancouver for 7 years.
- Honoured to be a guest teacher and speaker at the: Toronto Yoga Conference, Vancouver Yoga Conference, NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association) Conference, Wanderlust Festival, Victoria Yoga Conference, International Bellyfit Summit, Yoga Outreach Retreat, as well as a teacher and guide to many students on retreats in India, Europe, Mexico, Indonesia, and North America.
- I have released an Ayurvedic Yoga DVD that inspires the union of these two sister sciences.
- My videos and articles have been featured on: My Yoga Online, Everyday Ayurveda, Ayurveda Next Door, Gaiam, Wanderlust, and Udemy.
- I was a radio host for Drishti Point Radio.
- I am the co-author of Your Irresistible Life: 4 Seasons of Self-Care through Ayurveda and Yoga Practices that Work.
Be the light,
Your Madhuri Method self-healing package for body-mind and heart is waiting…